Sunday, January 13, 2013

My roommate and I's Mug shot... happy chupitos criminales


Birthday shots for the birthday Girl... Poe Tapas Bar
Second weekend in Granada, Spain accomplished! Last night our study abroad group celebrated one of the girl's birthday. We went for tapas at a local tapas bar- Poe- their tapas are delicious! Una cerveza for my drink and chicken cooked in coconut sauce for my tapa. The tapas here never fill me up though since they're so small but cheap so I guess it evens out.
    After tapas we headed to a couple bars- one known for its 1 euro chupitos (shots). Inside they have all different types of shots posted on the walls. Over 100 types of chupitos and I ordered #100, it was called Godzilla (whiskey, kiwi and 7up)- could barely taste the whiskey! At this bar you could take "mug shots" against the wall. The picture above is my roommate and I's best mug shot... such criminals since it was impossible for us to keep a serious face. While here, a couple spaniard asked me to join their foosball team. I tried to warn them that I was not good at the game but they insisted so I did my best. My team didn't lose horribly but we definitely didn't win. It was still fun though competing against a bunch of spanish hombres who were getting pretty intense while playing the game. I felt like I was on F.R.I.E.N.D.S for a second.
    From here we grabbed chocolate croissants and pizza on a corner bakery. So delicious especially at the time in the night. After food we headed to another bar called Wall Street. Inside they have a tv with the prices of the most popular drinks being sold at the time. Prices of the drinks depend on their popularity and the prices change every 3 minutes. It was so fun to watch people try to order drinks before the prices changed.
   After Wall Street we headed to the discoteca Mae West. Where we ended the night dancing away. We were even asked to join people in a private room which looked over the dance floor. Except while dancing inside, one of the bouncers came in and kicked us out! Apparently we weren't suppose to be in there even though we were invited. Luckily the bouncer was pretty cool about it. Nonetheless it was so much fun and hilarious while it lasted!
   On a chiller side of the weekend I went to see Les Miserables at the local theatre. Though most of it was in english, it was still fun to read the spanish subtitles while they were singing. I feel like it definitely helped my spanish a bit since I saw how english phrases are rearranged and translated in spanish.
   Like any other sunday night, I have homework to finish. Already homework on the third day of classes. Luckily, it's only a paper describing our childhood so nothing like homework back in the States. Getting ready for another long week of classes but on the plus side I bought my tickets and booked my hostel for Paris! Me and a few of the other girls in the group are heading to Paris for four days at the end of January when we have our break/transition from this intensive early start program to the actual semester courses. So pumped to experience France and just traveling around Europe! The whole trip will cost under $450! Motivation for me to get through these next couple of weeks!

Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment