Wednesday, January 2, 2013

 At the first tapas bar!

 Un Calle in Granada cerca de mi casa
        Well my roommate (Hayley) and I just returned from our first night out in Granada, Spain! We decided to hit up the tapas bars and explore the city. After leaving our homestay apartment we ended up on the corner directly outside the apartment looking at a map and wondering where to go. There was a street known for its tapas bars so we decided to find it but after walking for twenty minutes and several blocks we ended up just finding a remote tapas bar and chilling at the bar for a drink and tapas. We had planned to meet with Hayley's university friends but since we had no luck finding the "calle" (street), we took the initiative to just tapas bar hop.
         In all we hit 3 different tapas bars, at each ordering a different tapas and cerveza (beer). They were interesting, tasty as well as semi-mysterious. Discovered though how much I love tapas, they're cheap, quick, fun, chill and tasty (at times). Plus, by searching around the city we're now a little more familiar with the area making it easier to navigate and find things in the future. It was surreal strolling on the streets of Spain around midnight just watching people, lovebirds and groups of young adults.
         Tomorrow's orientation and not going to lie I am a tad bit nervous. Even though Hayley and I have been talking in spanish to us even when it's just us and I've taken spanish courses since middle school, I'm still nervous for taking a course abroad like this. It definitely will be an experience, challenge and change-up! But, I'm ready!
         Hope it all goes well tomorrow! Plus, I get a siesta if needed! Gotta love spain!
    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment